After a long and somewhat weird discussion with myself (a sign someone is clearly healthy) I have decided that the best way to approach my tags is to include all these lovelies in one place.
First of all, if you have nominated me ages ago – I am sorry it took me so long to response but here’s the proof I have definitely haven’t forgotten about it! If that’s any consolation.
I am really thankful for all of these and it means a lot to me that you guys thought of my blog and decided it’s worth a mention ❤ Love you lots, you’re all amazing.
I will try to minimise my usual introductory ramble and get to business!
Here’s a list of all the lovely and talented bloggers that have nominated me. They are all absolutely amazing and I am not pitching them to you, I am being really genuine about it! If you don’t check them out, however, I am not sure if we can be friends *squints*
Thank you girls so so much ❤ You are all amazing. I hope you enjoy reading my answers. Do read to the very end (if you can haha) as there’s a little task waiting for you all 😛
Liebster Awards #3,#4 & #5
Here are her questions:
1. What do you hope to achieve from blogging? I literally just want to have fun and chat with like minded people. I do hope that in the future my family will grow as the more the merrier! But as long as there’s at least 1 person reading and genuinely enjoying it I am happy.
2. What do you like to do in your spare time? Between my job, cleaning the flat (why the hell is it always so messy!!), going to the gym, and blogging there is not that much free time left to be honest! I put lots of hours in my posts, I hope it shows, otherwise that’s just sad haha. But when I do have some time I love to read and play video games <3. Definitely my favourite activities. Throw a boyfriend in the mix and it’s perfection 😀
3. What is your goal for this year, and your goal in life? Oh no, that’s too serious for a Monday (*note: that was a week ago! This is taking me some time). My goal in life is to write and publish some books. Career vice I am not too sure and it’s bugging me. I’m a girl with the plan, so not having one for me is stressful. I am taking a few years before I go back to Uni for my Masters and/or Doctorate and will hopefully know by then what I want to specialise in.
4. What should you do more of that you don’t do enough? I should relax. I mean truly relax, deeply relax.
5. What TV series are you obsessed with? Where do I begin. I keep coming back to Friends (I mean, who isn’t?), Gilmore Girls, some oldies like Charmed. Nowadays it’s obviously Orange is The New Black, Game Of Thrones, Greys Anatomy (newest obsession), and my guilty pleasure – Pretty Little Liars. Guilty because that show is just not that great.
6. What’s your worst bad habit? I do this thing in the evening if I’m tired, I just cabbage on the couch/bed and then become pretty much disabled, but I always ask my boyfriend to pass me things. Like water. Or food. Or both. Books, glasses, pillows – you name it. It’s extremely annoying. To him I mean. I’m just laying there like a queen being served.
7. How long have you been blogging for and how many followers do you have? I have only been blogging since the end of April (I think), with some weeks bit more active than others. I currently have 207 awesome followers that I love oh so much ❤
8. Name a makeup product that you couldn’t live without? Foundation. I have a naturally red face and if I move 1 muscle I will get all red in the face. I don’t mean blushy-rose red, I mean old Russian borsch in the face so it’s definantly not the cutest look out there. Need me some coverage.
9. Favourite makeup brand? At the moment it’s between Too Faced and Tarte. Oh but maybe Kat Von D. The girl can’t do anything wrong!
10. All time favourite film and why? It’s a hard one. But I did love Inception. I love how it’s made, I love the acting, and most of all I love the idea. Either that or Harry Potter just because that’s my childhood. Definitely not the best movies just on its own though.
11. Something you’ve learnt this year? I painfully learnt that I spend way more money than I earn. Something that I am still working on to fix haha.
- What’s your favourite healthy snack? Has to be fruit. Especially raspberries *drools a bit*
- How many days in a week do you wear make up? I never wear make up if I am just staying at home, however if I go to work (which is 5 days in a week) or out then I will. So pretty much all the time apart from some weekends.
- What are your top tips for a good night of sleep? There are only 2 factors that I think affect it massively: not eating before bed and also not exposing g yourself to loads of bright lights – it confuses your body! This means no phone before bed. I didn’t say I follow these though.
- You can only visit one country for the rest of your life, where will you go? Croatia.
- Current top 3 favourite songs? Oh I am so sorry but I completely suck at music. In the sense that I do not know the names of the songs that I like nor do I have a playlist haha. I wish I did but I think I am just too lazy for it. We’ve been really into electric swing recently though, just find it on YouTube, it’s awesome.
And the latest addition to the Liebster Award tag that I am actually not late at all to responding to (yay it’s the little victories in life that matter) comes from the lovely girl named Karolina and here’s her post.
And my answers to her questions:
- What is your favourite movie genre and why? Comedy and fantasy. It’s best if it’s both. I cannot stand horror movies and I am not sure why people like to get scared on purpose? What’s with that? Comedies are for the laughs and fantasy is for my soul ❤
- What is your favourite make-up brand? Kat Von D (also Too Faced and Tarte)
- On average how much money do you spend weekly? The average really is not accurate here. I would have weeks where I splash money as IF I have it (we’re talking hundreds on make up and clothing) and then I realize ‘Wait a second, I can’t afford life’ and so the next few weeks I will try to be as minimalistic with my spending as possible. I’m working at fixing this. #Goals
- What country do you live in? I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Who read that in Willie’s voice?) *Me. I did*
- What is on top of your bucket list? A desktop. I love my laptop but I cannot do a lot of things that I want to with it (play games, edit videos, use photshop or edit any media without lagging).
- How would your friends describe you in three words? THE BEST ONE. Haha, just kidding. Clearly not humble though ß. I don’t know, give me a sec I will ask one.Apperently: discrete, organised and affectionate. I can’t believe she didn’t say funny *cries*.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? My compassion. But my sense of humour is a close second.
- Three wishes? 1. I want to have a meaningful career. 2. I want to travel more. And 3.
- Do you have any holidays planned this year? Sadly not yet. However I am going to visit my family later this month so I suppose that will be a mini one.
- Give us a clue about your next post. There should be a Birchbox review out tomorrow and hopefully the usual Tuesday post (yay for fur friends!)
- If the chicken says, “all chickens are liars” then is the chicken telling the truth? I would love to know your answer! Never trust a chicken that speaks!
Her Liebster Award version also included 11 facts about yourself; also Itsmuges (sorry I couldn’t find your name!) with a Versitile Blogger Award! were you also need to share 7 facts about yourself, so I give you 4 extra haha!
- I really struggle to wake up in the mornings. To the extend that yesterday I came to work and only 3 hours later noticed that under my trousers I was still wearing my pyjama shorts.
- I get really irrationally angry when people wake me up. You know how people say everything is fair in love and war – well there are no friends or rules for me to follow and contain my rage when someone wakes me up. I clearly take my sleep seriously.
- I’m 5.6 foot tall, which was average in the country I was born yet is considered quite tall here. Always found that weird.
- I have an unstable underactive thyroid and genetically slow metabolism which pretty much means that every bite I take will most likely end up on my hips, and so I struggle with my body image a lot. I can literally gain 2-4kg in 2 days.
- My hair is crazy curly (the frizzy-curly not the pretty silky curly haha)
- My parents used to check up on me during the night to see if I’m actually sleeping or reading Harry Potter under the covers with a flashlight. It would usually be the latter.
- I had/have (you never really get rid of it) a Generalised Anxiety Disorder and didn’t recognise it when it began showing even though I was literally reading extensive papers on it for my exams at the time. Talk about clueless.
- I’m a dog person with 2 cats.
- My love for chocolate covered rice cakes is beyond explainable.
- I used to have dreadlocks. (Yup.)
- I danced and competed in Latin and ballroom dancing for 12 years of my life.
Here we go with the answers 🙂
- Tea or Coffee? Tea, although usually neither. I mostly go for water.
- One make-up trend you would like to see gone forever. Can I swap for fashion? CROP TOPS! It’s enough, be gone!
- You are running late, what is the ONE make-up product you will apply before leaving your home? Foundation. I would be a bit 2 dimensional but at least I wouldn’t be blinding people with my redness.
- Your idea of a great beauty/fashion blog? A blog written by a person who is genuine and puts time in their posts. Anyone who is doing it for the right reasons (enjoyment) is going to be an owner of a great blog in my eyes.
- Favourite drugstore make-up brand? Maybelline or Revlon. I can never decide. Or L’Oreal? Rimmel? I don’t know 😦
- Soft neutral eye shadows or metallic, dark smoky eyes? Obviously both, but for different occiasions. If I was stuck with one look forever though, would have to go with the soft neutral because the other one would be really inappropriate at work, or funerals. Also think about taking that bitch off every night!
- What is your fitness regime? It really isn’t stable, but at the moment I go to 2 gym classes per week and once to the gym floor. I try and walk that minimum 10,000 steps a day, which is harder than you think when having an office job. Due to multiple reasons I have gained lots of weight recently so I am hoping to get back into a decent shape at some point. Need to keep myself motivated as the weight ids not changing yet 😦 It’s the worst feeling when you stick to something and try really really hard and there are no results. Send good vibes guys.
- Your secret tip on achieving fresh, clear skin? There isn’t a secret shortcut I’m afraid. Lots of water and half-decent skin care routine should do it though!
- Make-up products you hate! Crappy eyeliners! There’s so many of them too! I feel it’s always a risk with eyeliners. Doesn’t help that I’m quite crap at applying them.
- Share a funny incident! That one time yesterday when I failed to sit down on a chair and just fell on the floor. At work.
- What is one makeup/beauty item that you would recommend to people right now? The Olay Regenerist serum…again. Sorry haha, it’s just THAT good.
- What’s your favourite skincare product at the moment? The above 🙂
- Does the polish on your fingernails match the polish on your toenails? No, it’s slightly different shade of greenish blue. I don’t know why, I just wanted them to be different. Also need to take both off. Whoops.
- What’s your favourite drink at the moment? I am so addicted to Red Bull at the moment. I know it’s bad and I do drink it through the straw to protect my teeth from the acid somewhat, but since I don’t like coffee (do not judge!) that’s the only way for me to stay awake! (Because screw tea! Tea is for when you’re ill or cold! This isn’t going to be a very popular answer, is it?)
- Is there one food you just couldn’t live without? It’s a hard one! Maybe pasta? Or tomatoes. Or garlic. Or maybe goats cheese? I don’t know. I could survive without everything, I mean let’s be real. But I might be miserable!
- If you could travel in time, would you go forwards or backwards? Depends if I can come back to the present. If I can’t I would go backwards, if I can I would definitely go forwards.
- What’s the prettiest thing in the room with you right now? ME! Haha. I don’t know, my planner probably. I’m at work, it’s not very pretty here. (Also can you guess if I’m working hard or Hardly working?)
- Do you have a favourite scent? I love citrus scents. It’s so refreshing. Anything citrus-like that’s not a lemon scent will be a win for me. Also coconut. Love myself some coconut. But I for long periods coconut could get a bit headachie. Is that a word? It is now.
- Are you a saver or a spender? Both? *squints*
- If you ruled your own country and your flag could be three colours, which three colours would you choose? Good question. Also hard one. What if I just choose 3 whites because they go well with each other, also nobody would attack make because that’s the one you raise for when you want peace! #plan
Let’s take a look at my bucket list (by the way, these obviously change every year or so)
- To be happy. Fairly self explanatory. I just wish to be happy. It’s a conscious effort that I struggle with sometimes, but definantly getting better at it!
- To have another dog. Because dogs = happiness.
- Finish writing my book.
- Get myself a hard copy of that book, even if that’s the only copy out there.
- Visit the Harry Potter world in America. Because I refuse to grow up. Thanks, but no thanks.
- Decide on my career. As you can see, this one cuts nice and deep.
- Move somewhere with actual seasons. I am so so tired living in the constant gloom of UK.I miss the variety, and most of all I miss the sun! Not having my shit blown away by that daily harsh wind would just be a nice addition to the move.
- Have a huge cactus. That’s a new one. I need it!
- Travel. As often as possible. I really haven’t travelled anywhere after I moved away, which is so sad. If only I would stop liking make up, stationery, etc, I am sure I would have enough money. Isn’t that a scary thought?
- I don’t know. Get another dog?
You need to include:
- Brief story on how you started your blog
- Two pieces of advice
Brief story: there’s not much of a story here at all. I definitely did not know whether I will stick with the blogging or not, I just needed some project to take my mind after a stressful day at work. Something so unrelated to what I do during the day that there’s not other choice but to forget about it. I think that’s a very healthy approach, right? #Repression
Two pieces of advice:
- Enjoy it, don’t force it. I cannot stress this enough. If you’re not enjoying your hobby, what’s the point? Keep reminding yourself that this is suppose to be fun and entertaining not only for your readers but for you too! Also, it will show through your blog if it’s something that is forced. So don’t. It’s a win win solution 🙂
- Avoid using press photos. If you can, always include your own photos. It always feels much more personal, it doesn’t matter if you cannot have the best quality photos, as long as it’s not 3 pixels people will prefer it to the press one! I always dislike the press photos. Believe me, I know that it does take much longer to include your own, but it’s so satisfying fro you and the reader to see the end product with the part of you in it.
That’s the best I can do. I am no expert so take these with some caution haha.
And so here we go:
- Do you have any pets? Yes, Zeus & Momo, you can see them here. Although I am holding a grudge against Momo as he clearly likes Logan more even though I am the one feeding him and playing with him 😦 Also yes, I am indeed jealous for cats attention.
- What’s your favourite Disney film? Mulan ❤ Especially when they pretend the panda is a horse and it just casually climbs up a tree haha I want to watch it again.
- Sun, Snow or Rain? Sun. Because I miss it so much. Though I love snow too. Sun and snow is by far the best.
- What’s your dream job? I don’t know. You guys.. seriously. Stop it haha
- Do you have a favourite form of social media? I think recently it’s definitely Instagram ❤
- What’s your all time favourite book? Has to be Harry Potter, just because to me it’s much more than a book. I will not go and say that it’s the best written on, because it clearly isn’t.
- Do you have a favourite blogger/youtuber that makes you happy? Hannah Hart. I feel like she is the most genuine person on the internet and she cares so much. I love her. Please check her out if you haven’t heard of her. I don’t see how anyone can dislike her.
- What are your current top 3 skincare products? Olay Regenerist serum, Polaar hand cream and a Rose Water sheet mask.
- What are 2 things you need in your bag at all time?! My planner and my wallet.
- Would you ever create a youtube channel? I plan to. Although I am a bit self conscious about my accent, since English is not my native one. Would anyone be interested in watching me? Please let me know x
- Would you ever consider going Vegan or Vegetarian? I love meat. But I am thinking about going fakegetarian (not a thing, just invented it. Fake vegetarian) for maybe few weeks, see if I can manage it and just to have a cleanse.
Has anyone actually made it alive? Add #survivor to your comment so I know you’re a hardcore reader! Also thank you for putting up with such a long post.
Now I had thought about this long and hard, and decided that I cannot keep up with who’s done what tag anymore and since I didn’t want to tag anyone in something they had already done multiple times (also for the fear I had tagged them in it before..whoops), I have decided to create my own tag.
Here’s the Saturday On Wednesday tag, because it’s cool to name things as yourself haha!
(Feel free to use the image for your tag post if you want)
The rules are simple:
- Post this on your blog
- Answer the questions
- Have fun (not an optional one)
- Nominate anywhere between 2-20 bloggers for the same questions
- Have fun!
Ant the tasks are:
- Google your name and copy-paste the first image that comes up.
- A picture of your favourite meal that makes you happy
- Post your favourite silly animal photo
- A silly selfie (if you’re comfortable with that)
- A picture of your favourite sunglasses
- A picture of an object in your house/flat that always makes you smile
- What was the last picture you took with your phone?
- A joke that you’ve heard recently that made you giggle (or googled just now, still counts)?
- What’s your go to pick-me-up phrase when you are feeling down?
- Your happy song?
- Your quirk that makes others smile?
- What’s on your favourite mug?
- What’s the first happy memory that comes to mind?
- What’s your favourite way of cheering others up?
- What’s your favourite funny website?
- Do you know your heritage? IF so, what is it?
- Best compliment you have received?
- What are your favourite pizza toppings?
And so I nominate all of you lovely ladies back, because you’re awesome, and adding some more!
And I pretty much tag all of you who stumbled across this post, because I always forget someone and then I regret it later! So please consider yourself tagged!
Now if you guys don’t feel like doing it that’s all good, I hope you enjoyed reading the novel that is my answers! If you do feel like you’d like to answer to your nomination I am super excited and will be keeping an eye for it!
Thank you again to all you lovely people who remember me and tag me in their awards, it means the world to me ❤
Okay this is it, I promise!